Saturday, October 27, 2007

Strange Nights at Work

Last night at work was very strange. It all started around the 5 o'clock hour. I was sitting on the lifeguard stand as bored as can be thinking about a lot of stuff and picking at my finger nails. (sorry i know thats gross but what else do you do on the lifeguard stand when you are bored) One thought ran across my mind of what if we had a fire alarm go off. What do the lifeguards do? We don't really know whats going on... we don't know where the fires are... what do we do? After a while this thought left my mind. Later that night I was walking up front to the front counter to buy me a little treat. I smelled this strange smell... it smelled like smoke. Nothing was happening though so I thought it was okay. Just then the fire alarms go off and I thought this was really weird. I said I could smell smoke and I freaked one of the supervisors out and felt really bad. But it turned out to be a false alarm. I guess a 2 year-old kid pulled the alarm. But there was still a stench of smoke. The security guard was checking everywhere where the smelly air was coming from. Luckly there was nothing and it turns out that there was a fire somewhere in the neighborhood and the smoke drifted to our facility.
The weird thing was that I had thought of all this before it happened. Everything exciting seems to be happen of friday nights. Last week we had a guard jump in to rescue to girls and there was a 9 30. Last night was the fire alarm. A good co-worker friend of mine... we predicted what will happen next week. Since all of the staff will be gone to St. George for a swim meet, we predicted there is going to be a MAJOR 9 30. The old farts lifeguarding will have to deal with it and it will be so gross. Then the week after that? We don't know yet. I think about my job too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you wern't picking your nose.
Meranda

Cindy said...

At least you were thinking about what to do in the case OF an emergency! Do they have refresher courses for those old farts you are talking about? Can they still swim?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally updated your blog. Sorry to hear about your terrible sign language class. - Haley