Sunday, March 1, 2009

HUGE STEP

So I don't know if you remember, but back to the beginning of the year I blogged about the first day of sunbeams. I blogged about one of our little guys who I knew may be a challenge because this little guy has some communication disorders. Well today, his grandma (his family lives in the basement of grandparents) let me hold him and she snuck away. Well guess what, IT WORKED!!!! We got him to stay for sharing time and class no problems at all!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOO excited, I can't even describe it. This was a huge step for this little guy and a way to let me and my teacher partner know, that we do have an impact on these little kids. Who knows what next week will bring, but I was stoked to have all 6 of our sunbeams in class today!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Nedge said...

That must've been an awesome experience. I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Before I even read your post - from the title I knew exactly what it was going to be! I was so stoked for you guys too that he stayed. You guys do so awesome & I know you are where you're supposed to be. You are an amazing chick-a-dee Nat!

japetersen said...

Yeah, Nat!