Sunday, June 10, 2007

YELLOWSTONE RECAP

So I went on a trip with the fam. We journeyed north to Yellowstone. I'd have to say an overall awesome trip. I have never been to Yellowstone so it was pretty darn cool. We saw a bunch of wildlife. We first got in the park and right there across a huge meadow was a herd of Buffalo. They rangers at the entrance were giving out warnings to stay in the cars if there is a buffalo. It was quite funny the buffalo or bison (which ever you call it) would walk right up along the highway. There was even a time we got stalled in the middle of the road because the herd of bison would journey up to the street and just stand in the middle of the road. But after like 20-30 minutes, a ranger finally came and got them out of the way. We took alot of pictures. Here are some of the buffalo. There were also babies. They were cute.



We also came across some elk... pics below...


OH COME ALL YE FAITHFUL....oh just kidding... Good Old Faithful.

Thursday morning of our trip we were driving at the higher terrain of Yellowstone. It was so pretty. Probably one of my favorite parts of the drive. But anyways, we come around this turn and there are tons of people standing on this hill with there huge cameras and park rangers every where. My dad was like..."OH LOOK AT THIS... It has to be a bear." And sure enough we look up the side of a mountain and clear on the top there was a Momma Grizzly and her cubs. It was so cool. Here is a picture...


Sorry this is long but I there was just alot to talk about. For dinner we went to this place called The Bar J Ranch. Its like 20-28$ a plate. This price gets you a really good dinner and a cool country concert. The band is called the Bar J Wranglers. The food was amazing... I got a rack of BBQ Ribs. SOOOOO GOOOOOD. There was also expensive steak, and chicken, and Beef. You got to choose. The band was cool. (Cousin Haley if you read this I'd have to say I was thinking of you during the concert) Here are some pics. I have some videos but they are being retarded so they will come on a later post. The first picture of the 4 guys were the main people that talked the most. The next one is of a guy in the band that didn't talk much but oh man could he play the guitars and banjo and stuff.

In closing... very great trip. If you have any questions concerning anything whatsoever... Contact Lauren. She is a Junior Park Ranger. Yes the real thing... she deal with the wildlife and can call any wildlife. Give her forest animal and she can call it. She was calling the buffalo, elk, bears, and it ALL WORKED!!!!!!!!!! And she wanted me to say she got a WYOMING hoodie. ( She is OBSESSED with Wyoming) ( I'd bet none of you knew that about Park Ranger Lauren) SO this is really long. I'M DONE>

7 comments:

Nedge said...

Woo hoo!
Sounded like you had a ton of fun!
I'm kind of sad that Darla is reclaiming you guys as your pets again. That means less fun for me...But that's okay. I knew it wouldn't last forever. The last two months were wonderful...
But you probably don't even know what I'm talking about, so I'll shaddup now.
Have an awesome day!

Annie said...

Nat-Nat, I'm so glad that you had fun. I love Yellowstone so much and am so happy you saw a bear! That never happens.

did you see any moose? I love moose.

Staples said...

No I didn't see a moose. I was bummed. I love moose. They are my favorite animal.

Anonymous said...

Your report on the Jellystone trip is awesome!

I wish I could have been there with y'all!

Auntie Judy

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you saw THEE Bar J Wranglers? They are favorites of The Bowler and Morris family (because they're all a bunch of hicks--just ask Kristen). They come here sometimes. I love Yellowstone. Wicked fun. K, Peace out.

Anonymous said...

WoW!! What a great trip! Thanks for thinking of me during the Bar J wranglers. I've never heard of that, but I just might have to check it out when I in that neck of the woods. I'm so glad you got to go to Yellowstone!! It's one of my favorite places. Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for the detailed blog!

cOUSIN hALEY

Cindy said...

I would like your autograph please, the hiking video was AWESOME!