Friday, June 29, 2007

Youth Conference...

Thursday June 28... the first day of youth conference. Overall good day. We did baptisms for the dead at the Salt Lake Temple. It was very interesting. It felt so cool... words can't really describe it. I mean that we were in the orginal temple built by the pioneers. That was an astounding thought. I was feeling the spirit so much more for the baptisms then I ever have. The speaker before the ordinances told us some things that really got me thinking about the people that I doing the work for. He told us to try to picture what the people look like and what they are feeling as we were doing the ordinances. It was just so cool. I never really have done that either. Thinking about that totally brought a whole different spirit for me while I was there.
After the temple... we journeyed to some random church house. We were privilaged to have an EFY speaker. She was way cool and said a good message. After that we had a surprise activity of going to Boondocks... It was pretty fun...
Friday... They locked us up in the cars...eeeeeeekkkkkkkk. j/k and took us to Jordanelle resivouir. (deary... spelling terrible) It was pretty fun. I actually got sun burnt. It is not a pleasant feeling. I am still at this moment feeling the waves. They had this thing called a water rocket. It is like a banana with blue bouys on the side. Anyways we had like 5 of us on this not so big boat. On the boat we decided that it was boring to just go straight so the driver makes a pretty sharp turn. Of course we all go flying and we all crash in a clump. Something came down and smack me in the head. It hurt sooooo bad. I have a big old goose bump now on the side of my head. It does not feel pleasant. I think that I am going to be sore as well. I did a lot of tubing and my legs are still shaking. Now all the girls are at a big slumber party (which i was not able to stay over at due to the fact of lifeguarding stuff early in the morning) We had some wonderfull bonding times together. It was just so special to bond...awwwww
Overall I am going to admitt that this was not a bad youth conference at all. I have enjoyed every second of it so far. I will blog tomorrow to wrap it up.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

"Astounding?" Since when do you speak with such language?

Cindy said...

I wish I could be a young women, wait no I don't! I don't want to be that age again unless I know what I know now and can still be married! I'm glad you are having fun and hopefully today everything went well! I'm excited to hear about it!

Nedge said...

Aw!
I'm glad you enjoyed youth conference! I wish I could've gone to mine, but it was a winter youth conference, right around state. :(

Anonymous said...

Did you just say all those things because you know that your YW leaders might be reading your blog now? You so funny. I'm glad you enjoyed the baptisms and the water skiing. Your "locking kids in the car" idea gave me some inspiration for next year. Har har.

I must say I was just a tad bit disappointed last night when we went to your stomping grounds and didn't get see you use your lifeguarding skills in action. Oh well. Maybe next time.