Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh the BYU Staff at State Swim Meet

Ok, before I get into my story, I just wanted to compare logos for a moment. UTAH vs BYU logo. Lauren and I get a a kick out of this Y logo. Its all crooked and scrapbooky looking. What do you think? Then compare it to the Utes logo.... it to me looks SOOO much more intimidating than that scrapbooky looking Y. I'm just sayin.


Ok ok, story time now. So every year at the state swim meet at BYU I always seem to have some sort of encounter with the weird staff there. This year was golden. Lauren and I go marchin into the place wearing our UTAH stuff. We go to the table and see the sign with the prices. It says students (K-12) get a dollar off the regular price. I being the poor college student ask a question... well the conversation goes like this....
ME: Do college kids count as students
BYU Person: No, only grades K-12
ME: But we are poor
BYU Person: sorry its grades K-12
ME: Its the shirt isn't it? (Pointing to my shirt)
BYU Person: Thats part of the reason
Lauren: Don't be prejudice against us
(Didn't catch what the BYU people said)\
Me walking away with lauren: Yeah and dont they teach us to love one another???

From there we just journeyed into the pool area... I think we left that little staff group speech less. But what can I say, Max Hall hates me anyways




5 comments:

Bing Math said...

I've never noticed that about the logo. That's weird. Thanks for the story. I hope you didn't get yelled at for saving seats.

japetersen said...

I think the whole place is a psycho mess -- no other place in the universe are there so many "do not" signs.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rochelle said...

Ha ha ha! I LOVE that you think it looks "scrapbooky". :)

esilva said...

He thinks you're class less natalie... hahaha :)