Sunday, May 16, 2010

So Long Gene!

So on Friday May, 14 Gene and I broke up FOREVER!!! It was a rough relationship. He was fat and taking up way to much space in my life. Ok ok, instead of making this into some complicated story, I am going to write about my experience
Here is a pic BEFORE Gene came out

So we woke up at 5 am, my mom, dad, and I drove to the new Intermountain Riverton Hospital. We had to be there at 6:15 am. SO we got there right on time, we were seriously the 1rst people in the hospital. It was so quiet and scary. WE got all registered and checked in. Then sitting in the waiting area, some nurse came out and said "Who are you?" I said, "Natalie Stapley" He said, "I must have grabbed the wrong top secret paper because I am sure your not having your prostate operated on" (OK AWKWARD!! HE DIDN"T NEED TO TELL ME THAT! I WAS ALREADY A WRECK AS IT WAS) The nurse really said all that too. I Guess because I looked super onery that morning and he was trying to make light of the situation.

But anyways, they took me back to this prep room and made me put this gown on. Then I sat on this bed and tried to relax. So then ths prep nurse came in and get me started on the IV. She had the hardest time finding my vein. She dug around in my wrist for a while... it got annoying. After a while, I started crying, I was a major emotional wreck. The surgeon came in to see how we were doing, My parents were fine and I was emotional. The part that was scaring me the most was anesthesia (or however the heck you spell that word). THe Anesthesiaologist (or however you spell the title of the guy that puts you too sleep) came in and I asked him questions, "will I wake up?" "will I breathe on my own" and he assured me I was going to be just fine. Then they started this drug on me that was making me kind of dizzy. Then from here I don't remember ANYTHING! I guess they took me in the operating room and I got on the table.
After all that, I woke up in the recovery room and with this cute little nurse staring at me waiting for me to come too. I think I asked her the same question 5 or 6 times, "how did I do?" " how did it go?" "when can I see my mom?" They kept me in the recovery room for like an hour and a half.... longer than usual, finding my room was a mess. Anyways, I finally made it to my room. THey got me going on pain killers like morphine, loratab, and oxygen. It was nice. The day nurses were kinda dumb but my night nurse was really cute and hyper and checked on me all night.
Anyways, everything went really well. I am home recovering. IT is sore, and my energy is quite low. I guess they compare this pain to strep throat but I have never had strep throat so to me it feels like a sore throat and a kinked neck.
Here is a after shot

3 comments:

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

I'm so glad everything went well & we were able to come visit! My question is - if it really weighed 4 lbs. - do you really way 4 lbs. less now? I've always wondered when they remove a body part and they say it is X # of pounds - will you really weigh that much less. Dumb question I know - but I've always wondered! LOL
Thanks for letting us stop by & hope your energy level picks up soon & you can be making new movies soon!

Annie said...

Natalie - I'm glad that everything went well and that you lost four lbs.

CINDY WOOD said...

Nat Nat - glad your relationship with Gene is over....now maybe you can find the real man of your dreams.....Love Aunt Cindy