Friday, February 13, 2009

TOP reasons of what made me get through this week!

So it was the LONGEST most STRESSFUL week of my life! I thought i was going to DIE! Tests=BLAH! Work=BLAH! Crying to your boss about stresses in life= MAN I feel like a baby! overall life=BLAH! But hey, I made it through and am not quite dead yet! THere were some things that occured this week that totally made it a worth while week. They did happen at the work place. So as in an earlier blog post, I talked about an autistic boy whom i was helping teach swim lessons to. Well we finished with the lessons this past wednesday and let me just say, I had the time of my life! I mean all i did was hold him above water and let him do his own things like, head-butt me, splash, stare at EVERYTHING, smack me, and eat my hair, but most of all, he just giggled the whole time EVERY class. Well the last day of classes, we had the parents of EVERY kid fill out a survey that was kinda their thoughts on the overall class and the instructors. Well, the mother of this boy wrote something about the lead instructor and I that kinda just put a cherry on top of the cake! She said that she was so grateful that the Facility was so willing to accommodate with her son's disabilities. She thought that other facilities may have not even let him enrolled in swim lessons. The rest of her commets said that she was so grateful that we pulled another instructor in (aka=ME) and there were several times that she was in tears just watching her little boy in swimming lessons and laughing and having a good time. That to me makes it just SO much more special that the mom was touched by our facility to accept him in the lessons. (I hope this is makeing sense) ANyways, the other experience that made my week, was I was sitting at the pool in my regular clothes. Well a random little boy walked by me and said, "Hey, you saved my best friend" I was like what? Then he reminded me of the day and i do remember the event! It is just so cool that the kids end up looking up to lifeguards..... and remember us. I think for this boy i will be remembered as the on who saved his best friend. I hate to brag and all but to me this is cool!

1 comment:

Nedge said...

Hey, we'll always have weeks like that. When we feel like we're going to drown in the stress, often a kind note or thought lets us to see the light, and realize all our hard work is worth it. :)